How to Activate HDFC Debit Card using Internet Banking & ATM
HDFC Bank Debit Card: When you get a new debit card you will be very excited and as soon as it gets in your hands you will be very much interested in using it immediately. But, you will not be able to use the new debit card until it is activated. When using your new debit card for the first time it is important to know how to activate the Hdfc debit card so that you are not put in a bad situation. Are you a customer of HDFC bank and want to know how to activate an HDFC Debit card? If yes, then this article is specially made for you.
|Activate HDFC Debit card|
The HDFC debit card can be activated online as well as offline through an ATM. The debit card must be activated within a specified period of time, otherwise, the pin number issued by the bank will expire. If the PIN number is invalid, the debit card will only need to be activated by a personal visit to the branch. To avoid all these hassles, you have to learn how to activate an HDFC debit card and follow it as soon as you receive your card.
Also Check: Karnataka bank Customer ID
How to activate HDFC bank Debit Card?
You can activate your HDFC debit card online as well as offline. Here, we are going to explain totally three different methods to activate HDFC Debit card with step by step tutorial. Let’s me explain it one by one
Method 1: Activate your HDFC Debit Card through ATM
- HDFC will give you a welcome kit at the time of opening your account. That consist also your debit card along with the ATM pin which was given in a sealed envelope.
- To activate the debit card, go to the nearest HDFC ATM and enter the debit card in it.
|Activate HDFC Debit card in ATM|
- Next, type the ATM pin which was provided in the welcome kit.
- Once you enter that pin, it will automatically prompt you to change the ATM pin screen.
- Change your ATM pin and use the card for regular transactions from now on.
- If you missed the bank's ATM pin, then follow the below-given steps to generate the ATM pin.
- Insert the ATM card into the slot after that select the ‘PIN Generation’ option.
|Create the new HDFC ATM pin|
- Now, it will ask you to enter your 11 digit account number. Enter it and then select ‘Confirm’
- Then, you need to enter your mobile number registered with the bank and press ‘Confirm’ again.
- After that, the ATM screen will display a message such as 'Your green pin will be shortly delivered to your registered mobile number’.
- The green pin or One Time Password will be sent to you through SMS.
- Once you receive the message, you are required to visit the nearest HDFC ATM within two days.
- Now, you have to select Banking >> PIN change options and enter the OTP received at the registered mobile number when it asks you to enter the ATM pin and then change the pin as your wish.
Method 2: Activate your HDFC Debit Card through internet banking
HDFC bank gives the option to activate the debit card through its internet banking also. So you can activate your HDFC debit without visiting ATM or bank branches. Let’s see how to activate it through internet banking.
Step 1: First of all, you have to log in to the HDFC internet banking website. To do so, go to https://netbanking.hdfc.com on your default browser.
Step 2: To log in to your account, you need to enter your User ID or Customer ID and then click on ‘Continue’. And enter your password and click on login.
Step 3: After login, select the ‘Cards’ tab at the main interface of the website. And then choose the ‘Debit Cards’ option.
|Select Debit cards option in internet banking|
Step 4: There you will see the ‘Request’ tab. Under this option, you have to choose the ‘Instant PIN generation’ option.
Step 5: Next, you are required to select your debit card number. And enter any four digits for your new debit card pin as you wish and click on confirm.
|Confirm the ATM Pin|
Step 6: For authentication, you will receive OTP from the bank in registered mobile number through SMS. You need to enter that OTP in the respective column.
Step 7: Once the OTP was verified, your new debit card pin will be generated. You can also check IndusInd Bank Customer ID here
Method 3: Activate your HDFC Debit Card through Mobile Banking
HDFC bank designed and developed its own mobile banking application for the customer to do banking on the go. You can easily activate your HDFC debit card through this app. Let’s simplest steps to activate it through the app
Step 1: First of all, you need to download and install the ‘HDFC Bank Mobile Banking app on your device. If you have an android device, you can download it from Google Play Store by searching its name.
Step 2: After downloading it successfully on your device, open the app and log in to your mobile number. You can use customer id in the place of user id and IPIN in the place password for login to the app. You can also use the password of your internet banking account here.
Step 3: After login, click on the menu option i.e. three horizontal lines icon on the upper right side of the screen.
Step 4: Now, choose ‘PAY’ and then select ‘Cards’ from the list of options available to select. And then tap on Debit cards.
|Select Cards option in HDFC mobile app|
Step 5: Next, click on Instant Pin Generation under the request tab and enter a new four-digit debit card pin number.
|Enter ATM Pin and Confirm|
Step 6: Confirm the PIN number by click on confirm option. You will receive OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter it on the app without any error. Once the authentication process was successfully completed, you can assume that the debit card was activated.
So these are the three different methods to activate HDFC bank Debit card. You can get a seamless procedure to activate an HDFC debit. All the methods given in this post will help you activate your HDFC Debit card easily and quickly.