How To Break Fixed Deposit Account in HDFC Bank - Online/Offline
Break Fixed Deposit Account in HDFC Bank: Do you have a fixed deposit in HDFC bank? And want to break it down instantly online? If yes then this post is for you. For any reason, if you want to withdraw the full amount from your savings account and close the current fixed deposit from HDFC Bank, you can simply do it online using a smartphone or laptop. In this post, we are going to teach you how to break an HDFC Fixed Deposit account into two different methods with step by step explanations.
Requirements to Break Fixed Deposit in HDFC bank:
- Customer ID or User ID of HDFC internet banking account
- Password to login to the internet banking website of HDFC bank
- Quick Access PIN to log in to HDFC Mobile banking
How to Break Fixed Deposit Account in HDFC Bank online?
There are two different methods are available to break fixed deposit account from HDFC bank. Both the methods are very simple and you can break your Fixed Deposit account from HDFC bank within 5 minutes by using these methods. The methods are
- Break FD account in HDFC bank online using internet banking
- Break FD account in HDFC bank online using mobile banking
Method 1: Break Fixed Deposit Account in HDFC Bank online using internet banking
Step 1: Visit HDFC bank Net Banking Website
First of all, you need to visit www.hdfcbank.com official website of HDFC bank on your laptop or smartphone. From the main dashboard of the website, click on the ‘Login’ button at the top of the page. This will take you to a new page where you need to select ‘Net Banking’ under personal banking and then click on ‘Login’.
Step 2: Try to login into HDFC bank internet banking
Now, you have to select the ‘Continue to net banking’ option at the centre of the page and then, you have to enter your username or customer id in order to log in to your internet banking account.
|Try to login into HDFC bank|
The customer id is printed on your HDFC bank’s passbook and then click on ‘Continue’ to login to your internet banking account. And then, type the password of your internet banking and also confirm your secure access image and message to login.
Also Read: Add Nominee in HDFC Bank
Step 3: Select Transact option from the menu
Once you have logged into your HDFC internet banking account, select the menu at the left of the main dashboard. And then, click on Transact from the list of menus.
|Select Transact option from the menu|
Under Transact, you have to select the ‘Liquidate Fixed Deposit’ option to break your FD account of HDFC bank.
Step 4: Choose your Fixed Deposit Account
On the next page, select your Fixed Deposit account which you need to break. And also, you have to select the savings account to which you want your fixed deposit amount to be credited.
Step 5: Confirm the details
On the next page, you have to confirm the details entered by you by clicking the ‘Confirm’ button. On this page, you will also see if there are any penalties levied by the bank for breaking the FD and the total amount to be transferred to the savings account. That’s all. You are done. Now, your fixed deposit in HDFC bank is broken and the FD amount is credited to your savings along with the interest.
Method 2: Break Fixed Deposit Account in HDFC Bank online mobile banking
- Step 1: First of all, download the mobile banking application of HDFC on your smartphone from the google play store or iPhone’s app store.
|Break Fixed Deposit Account in HDFC Bank|
- Step 2: Once it was successfully downloaded on your smartphone, open it and then you have registered your HDFC account or log in to the app. You can log in or register with the app using your HDFC bank internet banking credentials such as User ID and Password.
- Step 3: You can set up a quick access pin on HDFC mobile banking app to quickly and instantly log in to the app by using biometric authentication like fingerprint or by entering a four-digit PIN.
- Step 4: Once you have logged into the app, click on the menu icon at the upper left corner in the main interface. Select the ‘SAVE’ option from the list of menus and then choose the ‘Deposits’ option from the sub-menu.
- Step 5: From the list of accounts, select your Fixed Deposit account which you want to break. A new page will appear on your screen. Scroll down the page and locate ‘Break this Deposit’. Click on the break this Deposit option.
- Step 6: On the new page, you will see the total amount to be transferred to the savings account and the penalty (if any) levied by the bank for breaking the FD. That’s all. You are done. Now, your fixed deposit in HDFC bank is broken and the FD amount is credited to your savings along with the interest.
These are the methods to break Fixed Deposit account in HDFC bank online. The two different methods mentioned above will be very useful for you to easily break your HDFC fixed deposit account in few minutes just sitting at your home.