How to Generate HDFC Debit Card PIN using Internet Banking/Customer Care?
Generate HDFC Debit Card PIN: If you are an account holder of HDFC bank, you can choose your debit card from a wide range of offers. You can select from the list of debit cards when opening a bank account in HDFC bank or order a new card anytime. If you have received a new HDFC Debit card and want to generate an ATM PIN to activate that card, then read this post which will help you for the same.
Methods to Generate HDFC Debit Card PIN:
- Generate HDFC Debit Card PIN using Internet Banking
- Generate HDFC Debit Card PIN by Visiting the Bank Branch
- Generate HDFC Debit Card PIN by Sending SMS
- Generate HDFC Debit Card PIN using Customer Care
Method 1: Generate HDFC Debit Card PIN using HDFC internet banking
- Step 1: First, visit the official website of internet banking and then log in to the website using your Customer ID and net banking Password.
- Step 2: At the main dashboard of the website, click on the main menu and then select the ‘Cards’ option.
|Generate HDFC Debit Card PIN using Internet Banking|
- Step 3: From the submenu, select the ‘Generate PIN’ option under Debit Card PIN section.
- Step 4: Then, Select your Debit card and enter your 16 digit number along with the CVV code.
- Step 5: Enter the grid number which was printed at the back of your Debit card and then click on ‘Generate OTP’.
- Step 6: You will receive OTP that consist of four number on your mobile registered with the bank. Enter it on the screen and click on Submit.
- Step 7: Enter a new PIN and enter the pin twice to confirm it. Once the pin was generated, you will get a confirmation notification on your email ID as well as on your mobile number registered with the bank.
Also Read: How to block HDFC Debit card?
Method 2: Generate HDFC Debit Card PIN by visiting nearest HDFC ATM
You can easily generate or change the HDFC Debit Card PIN by visiting the nearest HDFC ATMs. To generate a PIN, you need to just follow below given steps
- Step 1: First, visit the nearest ATM of HDFC bank and insert your debit card in the ATM.
- Step 2: Select the ‘PIN Generation’ option from the options displayed on the ATM screen.
- Step 3: Then, it will ask you to enter your HDFC account number on the screen. Type your 11-digit account number and click the ‘Confirm’ button.
|Generate HDFC Debit Card PIN|
- Step 4: Now, you will see a message like ‘Your green PIN will be shortly delivered to your registered mobile number’ on the screen.
- Step 5: You will get a message on your mobile number registered with HDFC bank with a green PIN or Time Password.
- Step 6: You have to visit any HDFC ATM within 2 days and insert your debit card and choose the ‘Banking >> PIN change’ option.
- Step 7: When the ATM asks you to enter the HDFC ATM PIN, enter the OTP obtained from the registered mobile number. Then, enter the new ATM PIN of your choice and confirm it by clicking the ‘Confirm’ button.
Method 3: Generate HDFC Debit Card PIN by sending SMS
HDFC bank also gives you an option to generate an HDFC Debit card PIN by sending SMS. You can get a green pin easily by simply sending an SMS from your mobile number registered with the bank.
- Step 1: Send SMS in PIN ABCD WXYZ format using your registered mobile number.
- Step 2: In the place of ABCD enter the last four digits of your HDFC ATM Card and enter the last four digits of your HDFC account number in the place of WXYZ.
- Step 3: Once the SMS was successfully delivered, you will get a reply message that comes with OTP (One Time Password).
- Step 4: The received OTP is expired in two days and you need to generate a PIN using that OTP by visiting the nearest HDFC ATMs as we mentioned in the previous method.
Method 4: Generate HDFC Debit Card PIN by calling Customer Care
- Step 1: Call toll free customer care number of HDFC bank from your mobile number registered with the bank.
|Generate HDFC Debit Card PIN by calling Customer Care|
- Step 2: First, select the preferred language and simply follow the instructions given by IVRS recorded voice.
- Step 3: Choose the ‘ATM and Prepaid card services’ option. It will ask you to enter your HDFC debit card number using a dial pad.
- Step 4: Next, type your 11-digit HDFC account number linked with your debit card and click the ‘Confirm’ button.
- Step 5: After confirming all the details, you will receive an SMS with OTP on your registered mobile number, which is valid for 2 days.
- Step 6: Within that valid period, you have to visit the nearest HDFC ATM to generate an HDFC Debit card PIN.
So these are the methods to easily generate HDFC debit card PIN. Here, we have explained four different methods with step by step explanations. The methods and steps for changing the HDFC Debit card PIN are similar to the process of generating an HDFC Debit card PIN. If you want to change your HDFC Debit card, you can follow the same methods mentioned above.