How To Add Nominee in HDFC Bank Online 2021
Add Nominee in HDFC Bank Online: HDFC bank is one of the leading private sector banks as well as the most trusted bank in India and abroad. This bank offers excellent digital banking facilities that their customer to perform multiple banking and account related tasks using their computer or smartphone. One such important thing in every bank account is the inclusion of a Nominee.
|How To Add Nominee in HDFC Bank|
You have to add a nominee to your bank account at the time of opening an account. If you have not added a nominee to your HDFC account, you can add the same online. HDFC bank allows you to add nominees to your account online through its internet banking facility in just 5 minutes. In this post, we are going to discuss how to add nominees in HDFC Bank Online with step by step procedure.
Requirements To Add Nominee in HDFC Bank Online:
HDFC bank allows you to easily add nominees to your HDFC account through internet banking. To do so, you must have the following things.
- Mobile number registered with HDFC bank
- HDFC internet banking access
- Customer ID or User ID of HDFC internet banking
- A password of HDFC internet banking
Also Read: Activate HDFC Internet Banking
Step by Step Procedure to Add Nominee in HDFC Bank online:
- Step 1: Open any browser on a smartphone/computer and go to https://netbanking.hdfcbank.com/netbanking/ which is the official internet banking website of HDFC bank.
|Visit HDFC Online Banking|
- Step 2: Once the website was completely loaded, it will ask you to enter your user id/customer id and password in order to log in to your HDFC internet banking account. First, enter your username and then click on the ‘Continue’ option.
- Step 3: On the next screen, enter your HDFC internet banking password and click on the ‘Login’ button.
- Step 4: Once you have successfully login into your net banking account, select the ‘Request’ option from the main menu at the main dashboard of the website.
- Step 5: From the sub-menu, you have to select the ‘View or update nomination details’ option to add a nominee to your account.
- Step 6: Then, choose ‘View / Update Nomination Details for Savings Accounts and Current Accounts on the next page to add a nominee to your HDFC savings bank account.
|Add Nominee in HDFC Bank Online|
- Step 7: To proceed, click on ‘Continue’ and then select the account number for which you want to add a nominee. At next, click on the ‘Modify Nominee’ option which is near your account number.
- Step 8: If you have already added a nomination, the page will now display the details of the nominee. If you want to modify it, then click on the ‘Modify’ option.
- Step 9: On the next page, you need to fill in the details of Nominee in the form displayed on your screen. Enter all essential details like Nominee Name, Date of Birth in DD/MM/YYYY format, and relationship of the nominee with you and also enter the full residential address or permanent address of nominee with pin code.
- Step 10: Once you enter all the details, check whether the details contain any error or not. If it was perfect then click on the ‘Continue’ button at the bottom.
- Step 11: If the Nominee suggested by you is minor i.e. age of the nominee is below 18 years, you need to enter the guardian details of the nominee.
- Step 12: On the next page, you will see all the details entered by you. Once again check the details and read and accept the terms & conditions given by HDFC bank. At last, click on ‘Confirm’. That’s all. You have now successfully added the nominee to your HDFC account online.
Since this process is online and instant there is no need to wait until the recommended details are uploaded. If you do not have internet banking access, you need to fill up the ‘HDFC Bank Nomination Form’ to add a Nominee to your HDFC account through the branch. Go to the HDFC bank branch where you have an account and ask for the ‘HDFC Bank Nomination Form’.
Alternatively, you can also download the nomination form through the HDFC bank official website. To download forms online, go to www.hdfcbank.com and download the nomination form from ‘Forms Center Personal’. Fill the form correctly and do a signature on the form. Then, submit the form to the bank officials. The bank officer will check your details and give you an acknowledgement slip with their signature and bank seal. The bank will add the nomination details to your account within seven days and you will be notified through SMS or email after the nominee is added to your account.