How To Check Aadhar Card Link with Bank Account? Best Methods
Check Aadhar Card Link with Bank Account: If you're like most people, you probably have an Aadhar card and a bank account. But did you know that you can link your Aadhar card with your bank account? This can be really convenient if you need to use your Aadhar card for banking purposes. Let's see how to check Aadhar card link with your bank account and how to link Aadhar card with bank account below in detail.
What is an Aadhaar card?
The Aadhaar card is a 12-digit unique identity number issued by the Indian government to every individual resident of India. The number serves as a proof of identity and address, anywhere in India. It is also considered as a primary KYC (Know Your Customer) document by banks, financial institutions, and telecom companies. You can link your Aadhaar card with your bank account to streamline the process of KYC verification.
Why is it important to check Aadhaar card link with bank account?
There are now many financial transactions for which an Aadhaar card is required. Therefore, it's essential to make sure your Aadhaar card is properly linked to your bank account. There are several benefits to check Aadhar card link with bank account:
- It helps to prevent fraud and identity theft.
- You can have your lost debit or credit card blocked by quoting your Aadhaar number. Opening a bank account is easier when you can use your Aadhaar number as proof of identity.
|How To Check Aadhar Card Link with Bank Account|
- You can get subsidies and benefits from the government directly into your bank account by using automated banking.
- Filing income tax returns becomes easier as you can use your Aadhaar number as proof of identity.
Link Aadhar Card with Bank Account via Branch:
The banks have made it very convenient for their customers to link their bank account with Aadhaar. If you are going to the bank branch to link your bank account with Aadhaar, then you will need to fill out a form and submit it with a self-attested photocopy of your Aadhaar card. The process is similar to opening a new bank account and shouldn't take more than 10 minutes.
Link Aadhaar Card with Bank Account via Internet Banking:
- Log in to your bank account by visiting the official website and entering your Customer ID and password.
|Link Aadhar Card with Bank using Internet Banking|
- After you log in, find the section that allows you to link your Aadhaar number to your bank account.
- Please enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and confirm it.
- The last 4 digits of the mobile number you registered with will appear on the screen.
- If this is correct, enter the OTP (one-time password) you receive on this mobile number.
- Your Aadhaar will be successfully linked to your bank account once your OTP is verified.
Link Bank Account with Aadhaar Through Mobile App:
UIDAI has created a new function that lets you link your Aadhaar number to your bank account using only your mobile phone. The process is entirely online and paperless, and can be completed in just a few easy steps. See if your bank account is linked to Aadhaar by following the steps below.
- The first step is to open the UIDAI website or the mobile app.
|Link Aadhar Card with Bank Account using Mobile Banking|
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number and the corresponding Captcha code.
- Click the 'Send OTP' button. A one-time password will be sent to the mobile number you have on file.
- Enter the OTP and press the 'Submit' button.
- Your bank name and the last four digits of your bank account number will be displayed on the screen.
- If it says 'Account Not Linked,' then your bank account is not linked with Aadhaar.
Link Bank Account with Aadhaar at ATM:
You may have noticed people using their debit or credit cards at ATMs to withdraw cash. If you have an Aadhaar card, then you can also use it to link your bank account with Aadhaar. This is currently possible at all HDFC Bank, Axis Bank, ICICI Bank and SBI ATMs. You can follow the steps below to link your bank account with Aadhaar at an ATM,
- Visit the nearest ATM for HDFC Bank/Axis Bank/ICICI Bank/SBI
|Link Aadhar Card with Bank Account using ATM|
- Insert your debit card and enter your PIN number to begin the transaction.
- Click on the "Services" option. Click on the "more" option to learn more about automating your blog posts.
- Choose the Aadhaar registration option from the list of services displayed.
- Please enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number in the two boxes below.
- Please enter your registered mobile number again.
- A one-time password will be generated and sent to the registered mobile number on file.
- Enter the OTP and click on submit.
- You'll get a confirmation message once your bank account is linked with Aadhaar.
Link Aadhaar Number Through Phone Banking
You can quickly and easily check whether your Aadhaar number is linked to your account if you have activated your phone banking feature by following the steps below:
- Contact your bank's customer service number.
- Choose the language you want to use. Please enter your registered mobile number.
- After that, you will either need to enter your customer ID or ATM card information along with your PIN.
- You will be able to listen or inquire about the current status of linking between Aadhaar and bank account after successful authentication.
We hope you found this guide helpful in explaining how to check whether your Aadhaar card link with bank account. Thank you for reading! Remember, you can find this information by logging into your internet banking account or visiting your local bank branch. If you have any questions, please reach out to your bank.
1. How can I tell if my Aadhaar is linked to my bank account?
Ans: Go to your local ATM and insert your debit card. After the welcome screen pops up, enter your ATM PIN. From the menu, choose the ‘Aadhaar Enrolment’ option. When prompted, type in your 12-digit Aadhaar number and select ‘Yes’ to confirm. Your bank account is now linked to your Aadhaar number.
2. If I don't have an ATM card, how can I tell if my Aadhaar is linked to my bank account?
Ans: You can go to your local bank branch and ask for a balance inquiry. The bank representative will request your Aadhaar number, which will be checked against their database to see if it is linked to your bank account or not.
- link aadhaar number with bank account online
- aadhar card link bank account
- aadhar card link bank account | sbi
- check your aadhaar and bank account linking status in npci mapper.
- my aadhaar
- aadhar card link with mobile number
- aadhar card link bank account application
- how to link aadhaar with bank account by sms